Monday, August 4, 2008

Thanks for your orders!

I remember a few years ago a friend of mine decided to stay home with her kids and start a baking business. I was so impressed by her faith and her testimony as she would tell me how each month God brought her just enough business to meet their financial needs. When I decided to stay home 4 years ago I never intended to "stay home" this long. I thought I would go back to teaching after about a year. Then I had Cassidy and we moved several times and it was clear that I was to stay home a little longer. I love it. Now that I am painting from home I know what its like to rely on the Lord to meet our needs each month. I don't say that for anyone to feel sorry for me or to try to get more business. I just say that to say thank you for your business; for helping me to do the things that I love the most;
1. Be with my little girls while they're little
2. Paint and be creative; its a serious outlet for me and you're helping my sanity by letting me paint for you...my husband thanks you too.
3. Glorify and Honor the Love of my life...my Jesus...my Lord. I do love Him more than anything. I hope my art reflects that.

2 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

hey kathy,
you don't know me, but i found your site through suzanne barnette.
i LOVE your work. i hope one day to get you to do a watercolor piece for me. but i don't have the photograph yet =) that memory will come!
i just closed a painting business (the khaki patch) which i did some kid's nursery art as well (but seeing yours, i feel a bit silly about my work!) - anyway, i have had several people contact me (friends and strangers who found my site online) asking if i knew of anyone else who did similar work that also had good prices. i have been passing along your site and i hope that is okay with you!
your work is AMAZING and im so impressed by you and your sweet spirit.
blessings to you and yours,
mary katherine

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

kathy~

i hope that i've promoted you well! i've had numerous friends ask about your site and i've STILL got to get my stuff to you!!!! that's my weekend project. i'll let you know when it goes in the mail!!!!

Art inspired by God's word and all of his creation