Tuesday, November 30, 2010

an interesting challenge

Not too long ago a lady sent me a very small, black and white photo of her childhood home and asked if I could somehow paint a front view of it in color and add the wysteria tree (not pictured) as well.  So, I figured I would never know that I couldn't do it until I tried.  So, here is my attempt...the first picture is the original angle, the second picture is what I imagine the front view of the house was like and the third picture is the original photo which I used.  Not sure if I succeeded, but it was a good challenge for me and I love trees, so at least I had fun with it.  I actually ended up painting 2 of the front views (gifts for her family and herself), but they looked so similar I'm only posting one.



1 comment:

destinmimi said...

Kathy, I have been meaning to let you know how much my sister loved the painting. Of course she cried.. she knew immediately what house it was. I love mine too.. thank you so much! You are very talented!!

Martha Salters

Art inspired by God's word and all of his creation