Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Its more than just art

Why do I put art on the wall? Its pretty to look at. I need something to fill that space maybe? Those are both good reasons; I got to thinking about it. The things that I look at daily should be meaningful too. That's why I started to do the name art. Its cute, I like making things that are cute for my kids' rooms, but when something has a verse on it, its GOD'S WORD!!! If I put it up on my wall I have reminders of what He has to say to me all through the day. Doing the canvases for people helps me to learn scripture and as I teach my young girls, I realize just how important it is to KNOW the WORD. I have a long way to go. I have far too little memorized, but the more I do, the more I learn. Thank you to everyone who has asked me to do some work for you because you are helping me to be closer to my Lord and Saviour!

I did one canvas with I Corinthians 13:4-8 on it (Love is patient, love is kind...) and I put it in my daughter's room to remind myself about love. So, when I get frustrated with her when she cries and I don't know why i look up and there it is...reminding me of what love is and how to do it.

No comments:

Art inspired by God's word and all of his creation