Monday, December 10, 2007

Portraits

I've enjoyed doing watercolors for many years and have started to do some pastel work too. Snap shot portraits are my favorite. My paintings aren't an exact replica of the photo. I add and take out certain elements that are needed or not necessary. The best paintings come from pictures that aren't close ups of faces. That's because you want an exact likeness when you're that close up. Mother and daughter paintings, sibling paintings, baby paintings...these are the sweetest. I cherish the paintings I have of Belle as a baby. They remind me of a quieter time in my life.


11 x 14 watercolor


11 x 14 watercolor - Ashley at the piano


16 x 20 pastel portrait- Caroline


11 x 14 watercolor - Belle and banky

11 x 14 watercolor - Lola and Belle

1 comment:

Hewy Nosleep said...

Wow, that's really impressive artwork!

Art inspired by God's word and all of his creation