Sunday, March 18, 2012

autumn trees

My parents' friends have a cabin in the woods in North Carolina. They took this picture and asked me to do an acrylic of it.  God's creation is so magnificent, its hard to re-create that, but I did my best and they were really happy with the result.  I started with a value study in all neutrals (basically, varying shades of brown because I wanted it to have a warm undertone).  Then, for the fun part! COLOR.  I love color.  I love contrast.  I love texture. One of my favorite things though is the blue sky peeking through.  I think my favorite favorite thing about this though, was the process.  I used my fingertips for the majority of the foliage.  It was a great tactile experience...I felt like a kindergartener.  

No comments:

Art inspired by God's word and all of his creation